Front hub motor on springer fork issue.

GoldenMotor.com

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Make sure you get a torque arm. They are available from any ebike supplier and keep the motor from spinning the axle in the forks and then tearing out of the fork and leaving you to a very nasty trip when the now wheeless forks dig into the roadway or dirt and catapult you over the handlebars.

I found a photo of what they look like. They are an absolute must have. The torque arm fits on the flat part of the axle that goes into the fork.

Steve.

https://sites.google.com/site/shelb...front-or-rear-hub/90.jpg?height=240&width=320

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
They probably won't work in a springer hub since the tie off is to the fork it's self to be safe. See how they mounted the one in the photo. With a springer rocker arm unless it's in the rear position of the fork rocker it will pull right out the first time you use it since there is nothing to hold it back after you've cut the rocker to mount the wheel.

You may get away with one on each side and have it mounted to the axle as well as the bolt on the front of the rocker so it travels up and down with the rocker but I sure as heck wouldn't do it.

Steve.

Last edited:

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
Works fine on the springer forks I have. Cheap ones from streetlowrider. don't even need a torque arm with them. I know the wilderness bl36 type fits perfect not sure about other hubs. Golden motor uses a bigger axle I think. They used to anyway. 9 continents probably works with a springer.