Suggested new section-Vendor Feedback

GoldenMotor.com

Harold_B

May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
I appreciate other members sharing their experiences with the vendors that advertise as well as those that don't both positive and negative. I chime when appropriate or at I think it is anyway. However it is becoming a majority of the Swap and Sell posts are either about a vendor to avoid and the details of the transaction followed by a debate of the market system and forum rules, or about a vendor that shines simply for delivering what has been paid for.

I like looking for a deal and I'm sure other members are like me in that my current or next upgrade is partially financed by selling things I don't need or want. How about a " Vendor Feedback" forum where customers can rave or complain or be ignored and if they should choose to participate vendors can answer questions in a public setting?

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
I appreciate other members sharing their experiences with the vendors that advertise as well as those that don't both positive and negative. I chime when appropriate or at I think it is anyway. However it is becoming a majority of the Swap and Sell posts are either about a vendor to avoid and the details of the transaction followed by a debate of the market system and forum rules, or about a vendor that shines simply for delivering what has been paid for.

I like looking for a deal and I'm sure other members are like me in that my current or next upgrade is partially financed by selling things I don't need or want. How about a " Vendor Feedback" forum where customers can rave or complain or be ignored and if they should choose to participate vendors can answer questions in a public setting?
I agree completely and it would be very easy to start a section called vendor
ads and reviews, that way we're not FORCED to see all these blinking ads.

as to the statement that I have heard from many mods about them not having the time to review the vendors they are absolutely right
and yet shouldn't it be the users of a company that reviews them?

besides when a company automatically removes all bad reviews from their
sites, it kinda speaks volumes to me.

and another thing I find interesting is the difference I see between vendor
owned forums and genuine public forums is the having or lack of having a
donation button.

SHUCKS this is such a great site I would be more than happy to pitch in my
twenty spot a year for membership as long as the ads vanish, and I know
many members here that feel the same.

and to the mods and owners, do I think you should spend so much time and
effort on this without some form of reimbursement? heck no!!!!!!
you all deserve that occasional six pack or nice meal out for all your hard work

just my 2 cents worth .shft.

Groove

Nov 2, 2012
Lexington, KY
To Desert Rat and Harold - the mods probably won't even waste their time chiming in on this thread. I think you should spend your efforts writing posts that contribute to our hobby.. No offense, just a reality check..

Last edited:

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
How is that not a contribution to this hobbyy?

'Hi,I'm brand new here! I need a motor kit. Well,this one in the middle all big and flashy looks like the one! Definetly wouldn't pick that little thumbnail pic over there on the side that looks like it was taken with a cell phone!"

Reality check? Sounds like you need to step away from the narcotics sir. No offense,just saying.

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
To Desert Rat and Harold - the mods probably won't even waste their time chiming in on this thread. I think you should spend your efforts writing posts that contribute to our hobby.. No offense, just a reality check..
Just remember groove I can look up your stats same as you can mine
you sure do spend a lot of time pointing to youtube don't you? LOL :)
I have left my share of tips but remember you climb up the ladder here
by number of post's not content. just keep it civil.
you called for a reality check here it is! No offense intended
P.S. now I'm being jumped on for giving the mods props for their good work,
just too too funny, (Roaring with laughter!)

Last edited:

Groove

Nov 2, 2012
Lexington, KY
Geez, I probably shouldn't take the bait but I do need to answer your questions:

You can look up my stats; I don't care .

No, I've never pointed to youtube, don't even have any videos to share..

I'm not worried about "climbing ladders" here.. I've made friends and learned about small engines and coaster hubs.. I can promise you, THAT'S why I'm here.

I'm glad that you're giving the mods their props - they deserve props.

Glad you're laughing, but I'm not sure why..?

Last edited:

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
Geez, I won't take the bait but now I do need to answer your questions:

You can look up my stats, I don't care :)

No, I've never pointed to youtube, don't even have any videos to share..

I'm not trying to climb any ladders here.. I've made some friends on this forum and learned about small engines and coaster hubs.. I can promise you, that's why I'm here.

I'm glad that you're giving the mods their props - they deserve props.

Glad you're laughing, but I don't know why..?
maybe i looked under wrong stats if so I apologize
after all while having this discussion I am in the middle
of rebuilding my head and carb after 7000+ miles, You

Harold_B

May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
Wow. OK, let me be as direct as possible. I want an area where I can peruse used stuff for sale by individuals and sell stuff myself. I don't want to read about how crappy somebody's experience with a vendor was or how amazing it was with some other vendor. That's all well and good but that's not what I am looking for in a forum for "Swap and Sell". I don't blather on about my new cruiser in the vintage BTR section because I can safely assume nobody in that forum wants to read about it. To be blunt I would like to see "Gee Whizz You're the Best", "These Guys are Scum" and "You Know Who Rocks? We Do!" forums added so that the mods can move that stuff there so the other forums can be free of it.