Auto Clutch question

GoldenMotor.com

eldomike

Mar 10, 2013
I'm new here but have been reading post for a couple day...I picked up a 2007 model Whizzer the other day a little over 200 miles on it....I'm confused as to how the auto clutch works....I have rode the bike....sometimes you can push the bike around with no problem and then other times it wants to tun the engine over....I've had the clutch apart but am puzzled as how it operates...thanks in advance...

Mike

Last edited:

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
It has a one way bearing in the clutch. It should push backwards freely & turn the engine over when you push it forward.
Jay

eldomike

Mar 10, 2013
Well thats what it does so i guess it works right...just seems strange that you can't push the bike around without the engine turning over...

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
Well thats what it does so i guess it works right...just seems strange that you can't push the bike around without the engine turning over...
When you're going forward pull in the compression release & it will go forward easier. I usually just pick up the back wheel when I want to push it forward.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
you wouldnt wanna pedal that far...even with the compression release on ...try it , you'll see