anyone notice almost every video everyone has shorts on ?

GoldenMotor.com

captzuzu

Jan 29, 2013
New Mexico
I used to ride motorcycles in my day I never rode with shorts on even when I was a teenager at the beach one time I lost my bike I hit the asphalt and slide down the street I had a pare of new blue genes on I washed them the next day and all the blue was gone on my left butt chick one big white spot there is no way in Gods green earth im riding with shorts on so please dress right when you ride .
I mean look at this guy hauling butt with a pare of Khaki shorts on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yuAk6BUn-E

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
its not if....its when....wish more people understood that idea...most likely none of those guys have laid down a bike...or caught a calf full of hot exhaust/motor fins....screw that noise

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Personally I wouldn't want to ride that bike. It's not that I couldn't ride it, it's just knowing how my bike rides at 35+, I don't have any desire to be riding a motorized bicycle faster than that. I think a china girl is the first bike I've had in my life that I didn't want to make faster.

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
Shorts and flip-flops... yikes. Even worse are the ones I see riding motorcycles dressed that way.

Now, I rarely wear shorts, but to leave the house in less than jeans and (tied on) shoes never happens, especially when I plan on riding.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Three summers ago I was going over to see my son in New Hampshire after I'd stopped at Silverbears and as I was going around Detroit a guy in his mid fifties passes me doing at least 75 mph on a new Harley.
He's wearing shorts, flip flops, a T shirt and not wearing a helmet. I hope when it happens it's over quickly.

Steve.

borntofli

Jul 27, 2012
tx
I ride everyday in shorts and flip flops..... Its all I wear anywhere...... I ride barefoot alot too..... Just have to remember to not drag your toes.........

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
I ride my ebike with shorts on all the time in the summer. I wear a helmet because the law says I have to.

I got no hot motor to worry about and I don't need to go fast either.

I keep the helmet in the basket and when it's time to ride I hop on and go.

Change clothes to ride a bike?

It would be easier to just take the car.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
It's not uncomfortable wearing pants, a jacket, and a DOT helmet on a motorbike, that's the setup I prefer. I might add knee pads to the mix since I've been getting pretty close to dragging lately and its spooky.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i used to wear shorts when i first started riding these bikes, but now that i'm usually going 40+, i wear pants.

not really afraid of crashing, i just hate when my shorts catch all the air and blow up. :)

i never where flip flops anywhere. i hate shuffling around. but i wear converse or vans when riding.

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
I tried the whole jeans thing, didn't work.

Then my engine ate a pair of jeans, soooo yeah, that kinda went out the window.
I do wear my helmet most times and sometimes my gloves.

Scott.D.Lang

Jan 1, 2013
Chicago
I will not lie no faster then I plan on going I will most likely wear shorts in the summer. That said though when I road motorcycles I never left the house with out jeans and my leather jacket on in Mississippi and Tennessee summers. As far as a helmet Im sure Ill be getting one because I think its crazy here in Chicago all the yahoos I see riding like speed demons with out them.