breaks for best price

GoldenMotor.com

Scott.D.Lang

Jan 1, 2013
Chicago
In my plans I have one weak spot and that is breaks. the problem I have is disk and drums are on the pricy side that Ive found. Im not planing on doing more then 20mph very often so I dont feel to unsafe with what I have but Id like to be safer. any sujestions or sites would be very thankfull

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
V-brakes are fine, like ^ he suggested.

If you have a cruiser, it might be more difficult to get those suckers on there as there are likely no mounts for them.

So you could get a pair of Tektro C230's like mine from Amazon for like $30 or so. And a dual pull lever for $12. Stops pretty well, but I am going to be upgrading the pads this summer. :)

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
+1

What GN said...

the KoolStop Salmon pads are highly thought of.

In-line/V brakes are the next best thing to a disk.

Good luck
rc

MitchP

Oct 6, 2012
Santa Rosa, CA
Hey man those your brakes you're talking about! Just kidding I'm sure we've all had some very hair-raising stops. My last close call was when the coaster arm slipped and I had to jump forward and stop Flinstones-style. My 'boys were quite a bit swollen after landing on the top tube. .duh. So anyways if you do have a cruiser, check these out:

They mount through that little hole on the top of your fork before it goes into the tube, and on the back where the bar below your seat is. No dropouts required!

Last edited by a moderator:

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Do a search through my threads and check out my cheap V-brake tip.
Free if you have a parts bike and welder

mkatt4x4

Aug 30, 2013
Canada
What are breaks? I gotta take a break from english class and get ready for work, but first I have to fix the brakes on my bicycle.