My Unnamed Build

GoldenMotor.com

knitt31

Mar 31, 2011
WI
Hi there! been watching the forums for awhile, havent posted too much considering myself. Working on my new bike. Staring with a micargi rover frame, and going for a super reliable, super clean look from here on out. I shamelessly admit that magrider's bike is a huge influence, but I am definitely taking it in my own direction. The first picture is my first build, the next are of this project.

Attachments

knitt31

Mar 31, 2011
WI
exactly. My only concern is vibration without the rear braces. Although it is already secured in two points, I'm afraid it will still vibrate like made. Even more so on the front.

knitt31

Mar 31, 2011
WI
Not entirely sure on paint yet. I will be welding various tabs on for mounting. Am I better of to entirely strip the frame then repaint?
A few goodies have been arriving:
Avid BB5 disc, exp chamber, and headlights.

Attachments

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
As a general rule dont entirely strip it if you dont have to , heres why not stripped completely has more opportunity for rust to begin an it can start from the salts an oils in just your hands,ambient humidity can start rust in places that are very difficult to get at .
reasons to strip entirely , paint in poor condition loss of gloss cracking flaking, visible rust over much of the surface , too many coats of paint / too thick or many areas where you have removed much of the paint. either way its your call .
Gary

MotorNut123

Aug 31, 2010
New York
u can take all the paint off if u want, but if you leave the paint on you can sand it down to a dull surface and you can use that as a primer. since it is black it will make what ever color you choose a darker shade.

knitt31

Mar 31, 2011
WI
Finally have an update! I just realized how big of an update it is too.. but the bike is 80% finished. Everything is mocked up, now I'm just waiting on my hookworms, installing lights, and welding the pipe/tensioner and a few other things. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

knitt31

Mar 31, 2011
WI
Thanks guys! I think I have right around 900 into it, but it will cost much less, as I'm factoring in the profit from another bike sold into it. Should have the tires tomorrow, so hopefully more pictures on saturday.

knitt31

Mar 31, 2011
WI
Hey guys, so I think I'm going to sell this bike. I'm better off buying a real motorcycle that to run this guy. Any thoughts on what I can get for it? Is this the kind of bike where I can ask more than I have into it, or should i be content getting my money back?
Thanks!