Spirit Horse the Beginning

GoldenMotor.com

TwoWalks

Jul 13, 2008
Sonora Ca.
I have semi completed my first build. I began with a Micargi Tahiti and added a 65cc/80 motor from Blue Collar Bikes.

I changed very little with the exceptions of Handle Bars, Seat and Mounting studs. Basically I wanted to put this bike on the road as a learning experience. In a month or so when the rains come, I will do a complete rebuild adding items to complete a desired look and changing items that I do not like the set up of.

One of these days I am going to break down and buy a good camera for pictures. :crash:

TwoWalks

Jul 13, 2008
Sonora Ca.
Very Nice Twowalks...I really like it (^)
Thanks, not a lot of my own personality, but I like the way it ended up

Well? How does it run? I like those red rims. Screams Rat Rod from the word go.
Will be putting the first gas through it tomorrow. Going back through and checking adjustments and making sure I got all the nuts and bolt tight :bike2:

I think I like the "red Macargi" rims, but I probably will paint them black this winter

TwoWalks

Jul 13, 2008
Sonora Ca.
Update on Build:

This past weekend some friends were at the house to visit. I got the bike out and one by one they took it for a spin. Two males and two females, one and all fell in love. One of the guys went home and returned about an hour later with his bike, and asked, What kind of motor could I put on this. Final decision: A rear mounted friction drive will be the best! Done, later this week we are ordering the items needed to begin building.

One of the ladies wanted to know if I could put a motor on her trike she uses for getting groceries and of course no problem. She says she wants to do it some time this winter.

In the short time I have had this little gem and the few times it has made public appearances, reception and admiration has been huge.

The only item that I have problems with is, hill climbing. I can not get up my driveway. rotfl, In fairness, cars struggle getting up my driveway.

After it is broke in, tuned up and a few winter modifications, if this is still a problem I will look at changing the rear sprocket. :ride: