Will dax RT carb work with SBP HD throttle?

GoldenMotor.com

geoldr

Jun 19, 2011
California
Guys, im seconds away from clicking the 'order now' button on the RT carb. However, my throttle is broken, and I want to get a new one. I really like the SBP HD throttle, with a seperate kill switch. Will these two work together?

Or should I just get the throttle on the dax site?

Last edited:

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Yes it will work. You will need to swap cable guide bolts (not even 5 min). The only reason the RT carb calls for a special 10.5cm draw throttle cable is because of that elbowed cable guide. If you put the straight guide bolt from the NT on the RT then it will work just fine. You can use the standard NT throttle cable or the SBP HD throttle setup. Hope this helps! :)

Last edited:

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
So you gotta buy the NT too? lol
I assumed you had the NT already; do you have the CNS? I'm sure I have an NT guide bolt in the garage. When you get an RT carb and the SBP throttle (for NT) let me know and I can send you the part free of charge. Just PM me your name/address when your ready. :)

geoldr

Jun 19, 2011
California
@droc089, no I have an NT in my garage.

@F_Rod81 can you take a pic of the guide bolt? Not exactly sure what you're talking about.

My bike is in pieces right now, but im about ready to put the motor back on.

Last edited:

geoldr

Jun 19, 2011
California
Oh ok yeah I see what you're saying. And that straight bolt will screw right into the carb? I have to go to work right now so I can test it later tonight or tomorrow.
But I did order the HD throttle though, because I need a new throttle.

I need grips for it right?

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
I would buy a grip set. Check eBay for bicycle grips, you can get them really cheap and can find exactly what your looking for. You don't want any slippage.
.duh.

geoldr

Jun 19, 2011
California
Ok, so I took off the noodle, and replaced with the bolt from NT. Heres a pic. And you can see my NT in the background

the throttle should be here tomorrow.

Attachments

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Now the SBP throttle will fit like a glove. You can run any kind of kill switch (keyed, button, or rocker), your local auto or hardware should sell them cheap or you can get one from SBP if you like. Glad I could help, take care. :)