Behold in all its glory!

GoldenMotor.com

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
My $20 thrift store find. Having gone out and purchased new tires and tubes I am beginning to think it might have been cheaper to buy a new bike. Anyway this thing has way more speeds than I will ever use. How difficult/expensive would it be to convert it to a 1 speed? Would I be better off just locking the derailers in place and removing the thumb controls? BTW I'm having trouble trying to figure out uploading a picture. If it doesn't show up I apologize!

Attachments

Motoschwinn

Jun 27, 2008
Independence MO
My $20 thrift store find. Having gone out and purchased new tires and tubes I am beginning to think it might have been cheaper to buy a new bike. Anyway this thing has way more speeds than I will ever use. How difficult/expensive would it be to convert it to a 1 speed? Would I be better off just locking the derailers in place and removing the thumb controls? BTW I'm having trouble trying to figure out uploading a picture. If it doesn't show up I apologize!
When I built Motoschwinn I, I left it in 3rd gear and that worked fine. I never could shift it as the tank clamps prevented the wires from moving. So one gear is fine as long as you don't plan on riding it as a regular bike.