Gas inlet on speed/nt

GoldenMotor.com

Willy P.

Apr 4, 2011
Wausau, WI
So I need to find an inlet for my speed carb that is straight so that I am not s tuning up then down to get to my petcock on my micargi falcon in frame tank. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find one other than buying an nt just to steel that part. I lost my phone last week so I will grab pictures when I go to the shop but I have none now.

Willy P.

Apr 4, 2011
Wausau, WI
So I finally went today and got sucked into another bike.... totally forgot about pictures..... But to better explain... my outlet (due to bad planning) is right behind the carb. Since the speed carb has the 90 degree turn coming out I was thinking that I could find a straight barb fitting to come out of the carb so I can get smoother gas flow and even find a better shutoff for the gas and most importantly get a filter in there somewhere. I found out that the threads are 9x1 mm but it has been an adventure trying to find one. I could make one on the lathe because I do work at a machine shop.... but it seems like more trouble than its worth and would rather buy one than spend all that time making one. But the only real hope I have left is that the nt has the same threads and the fitting will work. But I don't know this. Its really starting to look like I will be making one out of a 9 mm bolt or something along those lines.

Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.
Yea thats what i was thinking also or if you could find something in brass ,like old lawn mower parts ?. Did you shorten the intake any? I have found the little tin that air rifle pelets come in make great filter housing ,just a thought.

Willy P.

Apr 4, 2011
Wausau, WI
well I already changed it to the filter cover off my cns... I have a MM intake coming probably tomorrow and one to mock up with for now, but it has the wrong stud spacing hopefully the new one isn't any longer I do plan on making a new cover for my filter out of aluminum but that is a ways off yet. good call on the pellet tin tho something to keep in mind

Willy P.

Apr 4, 2011
Wausau, WI
FINALLY I have a few pictures..... nothin to spoiled yet tho. I will make a full build thread soon. So here are the pictures of the carb and what I had to do. Simply pulled out the good ole dremel turned the inlet down and modded to the filter for now ... Fits well with no filter and it leaks badly but that is why finding a solution is still very important. Other than that I took my maiden voyage last night and couldn't be happier with the bike so far.usflg

Willy P.

Apr 4, 2011
Wausau, WI
I had considered it because it was all I could find so far, but I really want to have it routed straight out so that I have plenty of space for everything.

Willy P.

Apr 4, 2011
Wausau, WI
but on the other hand looking at it, I might be able to mount the switch right on the air filter and keep looking for a smaller or right angle fuel filter. You guys ever heard of anything like that?