4G T Belt Transmission Only (78mm

GoldenMotor.com

karaoketazz

Jun 3, 2011
united states
well i need help my freinds i just built my bike and have had it two weeks and the trans broke it just spins now and i ask for a new one the Bearing Retainer Clip came out and messed it all up is there alot of problems with this 4g t belt drive help new to all this but love my build

ocscully

Jan 6, 2008
Orange County, CA
There have bee problems with the one way bearings. They don't seem to last very long. A couple of members have welded up the damaged bearings with some success. Yours is the first I've read that the cir-clip has been a problem. Grubee promised replacement bearings several months ago but I haven't heard of any retailers actually having any to provide to their customers. Spookey Tooth was the only Vendor I know of who had the drive you seem to have, For Sale and they have closed up shop and been sold to someone in the LA area I've heard. The so called US Distributor of Grubee Kits has never had the one way bearing drives that I know of and they are currently out of all Grubbe 4-stroke Kits and Drives and don't seem to be expecting them in until the end of the Summer the last I heard?

ocscully

stewpedassle

Feb 16, 2012
florida
have purchased both replacement bearing and solid 80 tooth waiting on them to arrive what is the down side of solid pulley and are new bearings even worth trouble to install ty for input orig bearing lastes 20 mi ****tyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

macalpine2

May 28, 2012
pittsfield ma
Re: 4G T Belt Transmission Only (78mm peice of junk

hey man, yes there is a downside to welding the bearing. first you are dealing with an incredible peice of chinese engineering.... basically a piece of junk.
(imagine other words). making sense of the bushing:
that oilite bushing supposed to ride between the clutch drum and the engine shaft doesn't. usually. unless you sand it down, oil it a lot and fiddle with it.
if you dont, then there will be no freewhell anywhere in your drive system...
the cc clutch is all you've got for a freewheel, if you weld that one way bearing. but of course you will have to weld it up, cuz it will break and then you wont be riding...
so basically all i'm saying is, there are two jobs instead of one to consider:
1. welding the bearing up,
2. and freeing up that ruddy bushing...
good luck, and ride safe!