Sbp shift kit crank???

GoldenMotor.com

HackMATTr

May 22, 2011
USA
I plan on ordering the Deluxe HD Shift Kit from sick bike parts when they recieve more stock. My bike has a one piece crank and I was looking at the instructions for the kit and it said that I need to convert it to three piece. Does the kit come with the parts to convert it? If I need to order a bottom bracket cartridge or any of the internals, how are they measured? By Length or the inside diameter of the crank housing?

I don't want to order the kit and find out that I need to order more parts. I would like to order all the parts needed at once.

Any help would be appreciated. THANKS.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I plan on ordering the Deluxe HD Shift Kit from sick bike parts when they recieve more stock. My bike has a one piece crank and I was looking at the instructions for the kit and it said that I need to convert it to three piece. Does the kit come with the parts to convert it? If I need to order a bottom bracket cartridge or any of the internals, how are they measured? By Length or the inside diameter of the crank housing?

I don't want to order the kit and find out that I need to order more parts. I would like to order all the parts needed at once.
what bicycle do you have?
The kit comes with all the parts for a 3 piece crank as in used on a
mountain bike.
You will need to order the one piece to three piece adapters from SBP.
they are not included in any of the 2 or 4 stroke SBP shifter kits

I just did the conversion on my 7 speed Schwinn Jaguar

SBP seems to be out of stock on the one piece to three piece adapters
and the 4 stroke shifter kits and they have removed the items from the site.

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Last edited:

HackMATTr

May 22, 2011
USA
Thanks.. I searched the site for the adapters and couldn't find them. I guess they will put it back up when they get some in.

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
if your bike already has a 3 pcs crank you don't need the conversion kit. thats just for bikes that have 1 pcs cranks. the spb shift kit is set up to use 3 pcs cranks and if you already have one your good to go.