The Molotov Awaits Her Engine

GoldenMotor.com

UncleKudzu

May 26, 2008
Deep in the American South
her engine is supposedly on its way. this sub-megapixel photo doesn't do her justice, but maybe there is some indication of the richly textured and variegated finish that only time, abuse, and the elements can create.

better photos to follow soon.

ok, here's a better photo, and no WalterF, that's not marijuana growing in the background - it's bamboo!

Last edited:

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
Wow when you say sub-megapixel, you mean it. It's so sub-megapixel, it's not even there!

Pic isn't showing up :)

UncleKudzu

May 26, 2008
ok, now it should be showing up.

i don't understand why my Google Picasa account wouldn't show them. it's like the address of the photo wasn't static or something. so, what's a good, free host for my photos that i can link to?

Walter F.

Jun 4, 2008
Connecticut
her engine is supposedly on its way. this sub-megapixel photo doesn't do her justice, but maybe there is some indication of the richly textured and variegated finish that only time, abuse, and the elements can create.

better photos to follow soon.

ok, here's a better photo, and no WalterF, that's not marijuana growing in the background - it's bamboo!

UNCLE KUDZU do you have any concept of what is going to happen to that rear wheel when you dump the clutch on that "macaroni burner"? I can see it and it's not pretty. All that patina needs to be in a museum being looked at, not flying down the road endangering life & limb of anyone near. Uncle Kudzu I kid because I care-everyone needs a foil, you're mine. Who else can I pick on if you get all bummed up??? Let me say something nice about your bike before I go, I like your front wheel,looks new!

You see Bamboo, I see potential! Safety first UncleK. (c) Walter F.

Walter F.

Jun 4, 2008
Connecticut
Uncle Kudzu, look at the two bikes side by side- that pile of rust ooops, patina was once a girls bike somebody added a top tube to it. For goodness sake go with the blue "prom queen". First re-christen it , mount your "macaroni burner", then all you have to do is mount your own top bar-letting you be creative with the gas tank ect??? Then take molotov and put him in the bamboo as yard art. For safety sake go with the blue bike. Happy Trails Walter F.

UncleKudzu

May 26, 2008
...take molotov and put him in the bamboo as yard art. For safety sake go with the blue bike. Happy Trails Walter F.
i'm touched by your concern, Walty, but i've gotta go with the Molotov seeing as how the mounting brackets were custom-made for her. don't let that rich patina fool ya - that frame is as sound as a dollar! and i'm cleaning and repacking the coaster brake assembly and putting some quality rubber back there. as you noticed, i've got a newer wheel and tire on front already.

don't worry about ol' Unky - just get us some pictures of the Kid.

UncleKudzu

May 26, 2008
I can't resist saying... "The dollar isn't very sound these days!" :D LOL
good point! i shoulda seen that coming :D

Post pics of it when your done.
i chewed off that crappy homemade top tube today and cleaned and repacked the coaster hub, so i'm making a little progress, but i'm having camera troubles. guess i could fall back to 35mm and have it scanned...