Schwinn Custom

GoldenMotor.com

David D.

Sep 12, 2010
California
This is a bike my son is building... He fabricated the seat post, detailed the engine, put a 28t rear sprocket on the pedal side and cut down some oversized cruiser bars... the bike has that "motorcycle feel" and pedals like a dream... cant wait to ride this one... its his build and i am trying my best to stay out of it, but was thinking monark springer and that pair of schwinn typhoon cords i have laying around would be a nice touch.... might just have to make a gentle suggestion later today.... :) David

OK pics not working.....again....maybe later...

Last edited:

solokumba

Nov 24, 2010
Florida
I just bought a 1970 Schwinn seat from eBay for $4.51. It looks cool, but that seat looks 500 times more comfortable. Think I'll put the vintage seat on for photos and put the 90's seat on for going to the store.

Very cool bike BTW.

David D.

Sep 12, 2010
California
Thanks guys, yes, disc brakes .. I think Venice Motorbikes sells an adapter for that... and the seat is VERY comfortable, its a bell ... 30 dollars at target.... but its the mount that does the trick.... I dont know what was stock on the rims/tires...bought it at the swap meet with 26inch wheels and a pair of schwinn made in usa studded balloons... will be selling the tires to pay for the bike :) its got new duro brick tread balloons on it now....

Attachments

Last edited:

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
Looks great! I've looked at that seat myself. I have one of the replica seats now but it's not that comfy at all. I might go with one of the Bell ones as well.