My OLD kings on a NEW Schwinn Point Beach

GoldenMotor.com

Motoschwinn

Jun 27, 2008
Independence MO
Here are the pictures of my Point Beach. I have the decals on the tank that is STILL not to my liking. But anyway, she runs like a dream, no problems for a motor with almost 3200 miles on it.

Upgrades at this point, just the plug, wire and a quality plug boot, starts right up. Over the winter there are going to be more. MAYBE even Pablo's kit!

Attachments

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
Nice bike. 3200 miles, eh? Kinda flies in the face of the people that say these motors only last about 1000 miles..

I like that frame, but the distance from the bottom bracket to the top tube is a bit more than I prefer.

Motoschwinn

Jun 27, 2008
Independence MO
Nice bike. 3200 miles, eh? Kinda flies in the face of the people that say these motors only last about 1000 miles..

I like that frame, but the distance from the bottom bracket to the top tube is a bit more than I prefer.
Should have seen it then on my 1973 Schwinn Suburban, there was enough room between the engine and the top tube for a VW van!

HT60CC

Jul 23, 2008
Slough, England
Well that is a pretty bike, can't wait to get one of them schwinn point beach cruisers over to this side of the atlantic. Them front mounts are custom aren't they, please do tell more about them. I'm planning on drilling through my frame, is this particularly unwise?

I like the polishing on the engine aswell, how does one go about that then?

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
Most people will recommend to not drill the frame. There are lots of pictures here on different ways to mount on oversized tubes. Basically a piece of steel, a couple holes, and a muffler clamp will do the trick.

I need to work on a mount like this soon, as I'm planning to transfer my motor from my Schwinn Moab to my Nishiki Bravo, which has a large bottom tube.

Motoschwinn

Jun 27, 2008
Independence MO
Well that is a pretty bike, can't wait to get one of them schwinn point beach cruisers over to this side of the atlantic. Them front mounts are custom aren't they, please do tell more about them. I'm planning on drilling through my frame, is this particularly unwise?

I like the polishing on the engine aswell, how does one go about that then?
1. DO not drill through the frame, I used a large frame adapter from a seller on Ebay. If you can't find a seller to send it to you across the 'pond' let me know, I'll get one for you.

2. That isn't a polished motor, I used 1500 degree hi temp aluminum paint.

It's a wonderful bike for the Chinese 70cc motor. I finally opened mine up full throttle after 3100 miles... OH WOW...

Motoschwinn

Jun 27, 2008
Independence MO
lol. I've hardly used anything BUT full throttle (motor was already broken in nicely when I got it)
On the Suburban it was first mounted to, it would vibrate like crazy, so I never pushed it more than 3/4 throttle. The Point Beach is smooth, very smooth and it rocks and rolls at full throttle. I have to get a new speedo to see what I'm doing now!

Attachments

Last edited:

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
I use the roadside speedo's. They generally say about 25. I'd like to be able to get 30-35, but I think I'll let that happen down the road (maybe I can swing Pablo's kit for Christmas)

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I have mine drilled and 5 years and 4,000 miles I have had no problems...but I wish I would have taken the time to make a clamp. I was too excited to get going and drilling a hole was a lot faster.

Motoschwinn

Jun 27, 2008
Independence MO
Just more of the same pics with better resolution. Wonderful ride today in 99 degree heat. I swear this motor has been good in 38 degrees, and let me tell ya, that shrunk something up! Up to 102 degrees.... I WISH I could find about 5 more of the old Kings motors just like this one. I think over the winter I'm going to paint the tank white, with the same decals... With very slight accents of the red. And a bit of chrome. The mis-matched paint on the tank is driving me nuts.

Attachments