What is this?

GoldenMotor.com

Eric2.0

Sep 22, 2010
NY
Found it on Ebay locally and the bars front and back look skinnier than the new ones...May be easier to mount the motor to it.

Anyone can ID this bike?... Would be cool to get vintage metal and fun to paint it up...

old bike

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
without more detailed shots, i can't id it exactly, but it looks like your average, cheap huffy, murry, etc. cruiser.

it's not "old", probably less than 20 years, could even be a justa coupla years old. the pedals have reflectors which, if they're original, were made mandatory in the late 70's.

i don't think 80 bucks is a good deal, when new low-end cruisers are the same price.

and the front fender's on backwards.

Eric2.0

Sep 22, 2010
NY
Croghan ? Thats close by me. Where you at ? Im in Watertown. You have a bike ?

Ha-Ha.... I'm in Evans Mills!!

I don't have a bike(motorized) but I MT. Bike up to Thompson Park sometimes. My dad brought these engine kits to my attention and now I'm brutally interested lol. We have an SD Stinger coming and searching for a good base for it. So far it's a Delmar or an Ocean Pacific "Roller" both which are at the Wal-Mart on Arsenal Street.shft. Heck..they have most of the bikes mentioned including a Panama Jack and Nel Lusso. Dad sat on about all of them.

Wouldn't mind a vintage ride though, been checking out Craigslist and Ebay.

So yes, I'm very familiar with Watertown....Lived around there my entire, friggin life and never seen one of these motorized bikes before.wee.

Last edited:

r00t4rd3d

Aug 2, 2010
Internet
I got my bike at the arsenal st. wally world :)

I ride around Watertown some but try to stay outside the city. I dont want any trouble with the cops.

Eric2.0

Sep 22, 2010
NY
I got my bike at the arsenal st. wally world :)

I ride around Watertown some but try to stay outside the city. I dont want any trouble with the cops.
I don't think cops will bother you.. These things don't need registrations or even a helmet. Are they noisy?... Just like any other Vespa that burns around.

What bike did you get from W-World? lol.

I want to get this Revolver - Felt Bicycles

Expensive, but damn wouldn't that be an awesome bike to motorize?

r00t4rd3d

Aug 2, 2010
Internet
You can not legally ride a motorized/electric bicycle in New York State on public roads/highways.

They are pretty quiet with the stock muffler. I put a Poo-Poo pipe on mine and now its a little louder but sounds a lot better.

I got a Huffy Cranbrook. Make your life easier and find a bike with a 1 inch seat tube and 1 inch down tube.

Here is my Cranbrook if you wanna see :

http://motorbicycling.com/f41/anna-build-2010-a-21639.html

Eric2.0

Sep 22, 2010
NY
You can not legally ride a motorized/electric bicycle in New York State on public roads/highways.

They are pretty quiet with the stock muffler. I put a Poo-Poo pipe on mine and now its a little louder but sounds a lot better.

I got a Huffy Cranbrook. Make your life easier and find a bike with a 1 inch seat tube and 1 inch down tube.

Here is my Cranbrook if you wanna see :

http://motorbicycling.com/f41/anna-build-2010-a-21639.html

Yet you can ride ATV's on the road here in Evans Mills, in town even. I don't understand... I see little scooters wizzing around all the time.

I agree, I believe we will get a Cranbrook for our first ever build. Seems they are the easiest and best bet for a first build and they look pretty good. I like them better than the Delmar and tons of help info on them.

Wal-Mart in Evans Mills has three of them. I'll try to get dad to go up and get one today...89 bucks, can't beet it.

Eric2.0

Sep 22, 2010
NY
Nice bike, man! I like the wheelie..I didn't think they could do that....Must be more zippy than I thought so I better build it pretty safe for dad..
Probably a second set of brakes are in order.... I don't think using just the coster break would be sufficient or safe at those speeds.