The Manfred Machine

GoldenMotor.com

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
“The Manfred Machine”

I am posting some pictures for a good friend and neighbor that I talked into building a motor bike.

I found some chick selling two brand new Worksman bikes complete in the boxes on Craigslist a couple months ago and talked my friend into buying them. Got both for 500.00. A good score!!!

Well he decided to build a board-tracker with his own touch. I supplied him with the 20g sheet metal for the tank and he proceeded to cut, shape and weld it together with the help of his son. The frame has brackets welded to it so the tank can mount from below. He had a custom billet back motor mount machined with an off-set to fit the seat tube flush. We contacted “Sportscarpat” for one of his chain idler setups (Must say it is NICE) which you can see in one of the pictures. He also has a CE billet hub adapter installed on the very stout 11g back wheel. The front wheel is also 11g with a drum brake.

The pictures show the painting process and assembly will take place tomorrow.

We will keep you posted on the progress of this fine build.

culvercityclassic

Attachments

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
Lace paint Ive not seen that in a long time. We used to get a lot of orders for lacing that was in the 60's, very cool. I am going to follow this one. I just got an old Works frame I like how heavy duty they are, but Im not impressed with the rear drop outs and how the tubing is flattened out and slipped on, works but not pretty! Hope to see him join the group, lots of talent out there thanks for the pics of the work. Have fun, Dave