Upgrades Made to the SBP shift kits?

GoldenMotor.com

wasabi805

Jun 2, 2010
Santa Barbara, CA
So i was just about to order one and the site said that they were making upgrades to the kit. The new kits wont be ready until July (I'm way too anxious).

Has anyone heard or does anyone know what exactly is being upgraded to the kit?

Wasabi
:-||

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
This has My attention also, I am on the fence about getting one or a top hat from kings (mainly $$ reasons) but just a little push in the right direction and Ill go with one. Pablo ....any news on what these upgrades will be???
Cheers
Chainmaker

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Well we won't go into a lot of detail here as we would like to roll it out properly when we can provide more details with photos etc. What I can tell you is that it will be much easier to install correctly for the customer, it will also have provisions for the engines with the new wider rear stud spacing and will most likely lower the price slightly. We plan on making a release announcement the first week of July.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
As Jim stated - a bunch of reasons for the redesign. Certainly the "new" engine wide spacing rear mounts is a big one. Ease of installation is another. Being better quality and nearly same price, having a lower cost and better VALUE than the Chinese ripoff is another. We saw no reason NOT to change. OK OK, we know when we change or have a sale or the like, there will be a cut off time.

Drewd

Jul 25, 2008
Colorado
Pablo,
Which engines have a wider rear engine mount? I've only personally seen the wider front mount that didn't affect install of your shift kit. No need to provide pics or details or you'd have a China made product beat you to the market with the upgrades and that would thatssux for sure

stevolandis

Feb 20, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
Lookin' forward to purchasing this kit! I just gotta work a few more $$ and I'll be able to!
This is almost a necessity because I'll be pulling a cart up the hills of the Endless Mountains.