Alternative gas tanks for Motor bikes available

GoldenMotor.com

xwint3rxmut3x

May 27, 2010
Chicago
So i've been scouring the net trying to find a cool used vintage motorcycle tank or moped tank to use with my moped. So far no luck, as i'm not ready to spend too much until i'm happy with the quality of my build. I was scouring ebay, i'm sure some of you are familiar with the "boy go fast" store on there. They have a straight style underbar tank (which in my opinion looks like it would look terrible, but if someone can tell me otherwise i'm all for it) and I also saw a rear mounting tank. The reason this store caught my attention was because they seem to offer 2L 3L and 4L tanks, I think the stock kits come with 2L....does anyone know if the bigger tanks will hang lower on the frame and thus achieve the "cool factor" the motorcycle tanks have, or do you think they'll just be wider on the bike?

Attachments

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
if it clears the engine and is not close enough to melt it,then do that and build a fancy cover for it

xwint3rxmut3x

May 27, 2010
Chicago
Nah, neither of those would fit/look right on my bike. If anything i'd go with the 4 liter. I didn't link a picture to it because it looks exactly the same as the 2L just bigger

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
The tank shown on the right has a very small diameter fill hole. As a size reference for you, I can barely fit my thumb into it. You will need a funnel to fill it.
The tank shown on the left is typically attached underneath a luggage rack that mounts behind the seat post tube and extends over the rear wheel. It also has a much larger "normal sized" fill hole.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Terry,is the one with the small cap made of plastic ,and the one with the large cap and rack metal?