My Bikes

GoldenMotor.com

barret

Jul 6, 2008
Boise, ID USA
Here is a synopsis of my first and “second” build. I put quotes around the word second because even though it is technically a build of my second bike, the engine has remained the same. I’ve only ever owned one engine, so read on if you’re interested:

I completed my first build in early September 2005, and my engine was mounted on a Huffy cruiser from Wal-Mart. (1st pic)

It was such a blast riding around the neighborhoods and area close to my home, and I was having a lot of fun with it when, in the summer of 2006, my “chain tensioner” decided to have a very close meeting with my spokes, and basically totaled my entire back rim. (2nd pic)

I let it sit in my garage until I was done with another year of school, and then in the spring of 2007, I decided to purchase a new hub, but one where the back motor sprocket was bolted directly to the hub. (3rd & 4th pics)

In the mean time, I found a new bike from Spooky Tooth in Arizona that I wanted to try. So during the summer of 2007, I mounted my existing engine onto this new frame. But I didn’t employ the use of my new hub yet because I was unsure of how to go about utilizing it on a bike that already had seven gears! So, I went ahead with the traditional build, and once again had tons of fun with it. (5th pic; 6th & 7th pics in next post below)

Attachments

barret

Jul 6, 2008
Boise, ID USA
(...continued from previous post)

Then, during our 4th of July BBQ this year, I invited my brother and one of my buddies to “take a ride on the wild side”. My buddy goes first, and, just after his third lap around the block and after he stopped the engine and dismounted, I hear this horrible hissing sound. It was the back tire! He had picked up a piece of metal, which penetrated the tire and tube. My brother was very disappointed, since he really wanted to ride the bike! My buddy said, “Oh man, I shouldn’t have ridden through that nail field back there….” And, I was kicking myself because I hadn’t transferred the anti-thorn/nail strips from my old tires to the new bike tires!

So, since I had to remove the back wheel completely to repair the tire, I began thinking about finally using the new hub I had bought. Last night, I removed the derailleur and I’m now in the process of shortening the “people”/pedal chain so it will fit. I’m also going to replace the stock clutch handle with a new one I got from thatsdax.com a while ago. (8th & 9th pics)

I’m hoping to finish tonight and maybe get a ride in or two….!!

Attachments

barret

Jul 6, 2008
Boise, ID USA
...please post some more pics when you get the new wheel rolling on your motor bike
Sure thing! Here are some pics of the new wheel, as I got it completed today and took a few quick test rides to make sure everything was in working order. I also replaced the stock clutch lever with a Pyramid lever that matches my Pyramid dual-pull lever for my caliper brakes. MUCH more effective.

I'm back on the road, baby!!

Attachments

barret

Jul 6, 2008
Boise, ID USA
do I detect footpegs on the upper chainstay ?
someone has very short legs rotfl
LOL; I completely forgot about those! I actually have very long legs (I'm 6'1"), but when I first completed this bike, I had the handle bars turned upside down, and had a bent seat post from Spooky Tooth. I rode it bent over with my face close to the handle bars, so I tried to add foot pegs just to either a.) look cooler, or b.) try to be more comfortable. I realized quickly that they weren't working, and that I'm actually more comfortable with a regular seat post, and the handle bars in their correct position. I just haven't gotten around to taking those pegs off....

Good observation!! :oops: