Staton-inc hondagxh59 throttle assembly

GoldenMotor.com

jared8783

May 13, 2009
Elkhart, IN
Motorized Bicycles Detail Page
If anybody who has this intalled could post some pics it would be really appreciated.
The website only says what parts it comes with and that it includes instructions.
I can not decide wethor or not to buy it until i see some pics of it installed

It defeinetly doesnt look like much

thanks
jared

Last edited:

ocscully

Jan 6, 2008
Orange County, CA
Below are some photos of my most recent throttle hook up to the Honda GXH 50 Carb. I'm sure you have searched both sights for threads and photos of different hook ups. This one is based on a solution by Fetor56 except I did not attach a bar to the top of the butterfly valve, and used a hooked spring on the end of the cable.

ocscully

Attachments

jared8783

May 13, 2009
Elkhart, IN
sweet thanks for those pics man
that seems to be the simplest most common sense way to go about it

my current setup is similar to that except my cable housing is zip tied on a part of the red engine cover
it works but definetly just a temp fix

so that piece that you have bolted to the valve cover
how did ya get that?
make it yourself?
it so how?

and if ya didnt make it i gotta know where you got it at

thanks again
jared

ocscully

Jan 6, 2008
Orange County, CA
so that piece that you have bolted to the valve cover
how did ya get that?
make it yourself?
it so how?

thanks again
jared
Jared,

The bracket you are speaking of I made myself. I made it from a piece of aluminum angle that some friends of mine had in their shop scrap bin. I'm not sure what gauge # it is but it measures .106 in. in thickness. The piece I started with was 2 in. angle, but it could be made from a piece of 1 in. or 3/4 in. angle just as easy. I chose aluminum because it is easier to cut and drill but you could use steel or stainless steal also. The amount of offset in the bracket was determined by the length of the hooked spring I'm using to connect the cable to the butter fly valve on the carb. The overall length of the bracket is determined by aligning the v-brake elbow/noodle with the cable anchor point on the butterfly valve. The hooked spring I use came with an $8.00 throttle kit I bought from http://www.affordablegokarts.com/mm...Code=A&Product_Code=SMKM194&Category_Code=SI7 The hooked spring can be bought seperatly from go kart part suppliers for $3.00 to $5.00 . I have a series of photos showing the bracket mounted to the motor before I installed the motor in the bike. If you would like to see them?, let me know and I can post theme here or e-mail them to you.

ocscully

Last edited:

jared8783

May 13, 2009
Elkhart, IN
Yeah pics would definetly be appreciated
Just post em here so others can see them as well

So that hooked spring thing is the only thing you used from that linkage kit?
I dont need to get that kit I could simply go to my local gokart shop instead to get that part?
Is that barrel clamp and hooked spring all one piece?

The factory I work at deals with nothing but aluminum so a piece of angle like that should not be too difficult to come by.
Even if I cant I am sure I could buy something similar to that somewhere.

Thanks a bunch man
Jared

jared8783

May 13, 2009
Elkhart, IN
Oopsy Daisy
I just now noticed that Part of my title for this thread was gxh59 instead of gxh50

Maybe a mod could correct that so others could easier find this thread in a search?

ocscully

Jan 6, 2008
Orange County, CA
Jared,

I originally bought the linkage kit from affordable go karts when I put together the throttle hook-up shown in the first two photos. I used most of the pieces in the kit for this set up, but was not completely satisfied with how it worked and just recently made the bracket and set up we are discussing here (last three photos) The hooked spring and barrel are all one piece.

ocscully

Attachments

jared8783

May 13, 2009
Elkhart, IN
Ok so now I only got 2 more questions

What is holding the v-brake elbow in place?
It looks to me like you drilled the hole near perfect so it is simply a tight fit and that is how it stays in place. Is that correct?

How exactly did you bend the bracket to shape so nicely?

thanks
jared