vintage schwinn project

GoldenMotor.com

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Doug,
It looks like you have your engine set back in the frame a bit. I use the front engine mount as is and two mounts stacked up in the rear. This gives more carb clearence. Looks like your running a bigger front sprocket and may need your higher mounting position. I run a 44t front sprocket and that is as big as you can go the way I mounted the engine. I lost one air cleaner already so I use safety wire to keep them from going anywhere. Drill a couple small holes in the sheet metal at the base of the air cleaner and loop safety wire through the holes and back to the hose clamp. Unless you move your engine forward you will have a tough time with my manifold. I had CNS carbs coming lose and falling off until I started sanding the slot in the bushing a little wider. The slot was so narrow that the bushing would limit how tight the carb could be tightened. Once I figured that out I have not had any problems. BE CAREFUL overtightening the CNS as the flange can crack. I already made that $50 mistake once. I also noticed that my newest CNS I just received is made by a different manufacturer than all the others I have seen. It also did not come with the throttle assembly this time but did include two different bushings and the cables.

Last edited: