Request for Help 2.5 Hp Push Trailer

GoldenMotor.com

Nadogail

Nov 2, 2009
Coronado, CA
I will buy the 2.5 Hp Greyhound before the sale ends on Feb 2. Where do I find a drive wheel?
Centrifical clutch seems easy, so do sprockets, chain and pillow blocks for the jackshaft. But the drive wheel has me scratching my head.

Has anybody used the 8" or 12" Harbor Freight wheels, 44143 or 92470 sold as trailer spares?
If you have, what did you use for a hub?

I am in the San Diego, CA area. Thanks in advance.

Nadogail

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
my drive wheels were always bicycle wheels or scooter wheels both have sprockets attached. it is easy to weld a different sprocket to them.

childrens bikes come in 12" and 16" My sixteen inch wheel was the best for me. i was running electric motors though.

jcchappy

Aug 18, 2009
antlers, ok.
single wheel drive go carts have a nice little 8" or 10" wheel with threaded holes for different sprockets then the chain will be the same pitch also. find an old go cart or get a wheel. the little super pocket rockets and off brand dirt bikes have a 1/2 pitch chain also.

RusticoRay

Oct 3, 2009
6mi. from the Old North Bridge
My HF went to this project after the Sun Atlas frame mount. My friend George had the tire and sprocket around his shop. #35 chain and a max torgue clutch. 29 MPH and it would climb at 20 mph until the fuel ran out. Great project don't know what your expectations are for speed but 30 is fast for a pusher, I'm on the slower side. Did I just say that.

Attachments