New in frame 4 stroke kit in development!

GoldenMotor.com

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Thanks for the props! Dan and I are extremely pleased w/ how it's all worked out thus far.

Furament,

It does sit higher, though it is more squat so it should fit most full size frames. A quick check suggested it'll fit a Worksman. Shiftable is in the plans, though I have a feeling it won't really be necessary.

BeerBattered,

When we've tested it completely we'll be selling transmissions and whole kit's. You shouldn't have to pay for what your not going to use! We actually plan to offer the kit w/ or w/o the motor as well, this way the builder can maximize their savings by preping the motor for themselves, for those less inclined we'll prep the motor so that the entire kit is ready to just bolt on.

I totally recommend the HF motor it's sooo smooth and so much quieter than the Honda and clones; no more vibrating your hands to sleep! Transmission will clear all oem equipment.

Thanks Evan FBC

glacknoid

Oct 22, 2008
robbinsdale MN
I was a little detoured by the low rpm and no real gain in top speed but with a shift kit, it may have the torque to pull the higher gears on the casette and may be worth building a third bike. If I have to licence it cuz it's over the cc max I might as well get some more top end along with low end power.

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
It's 79cc and 2.5 hp, Honda 50 is 2.1 hp. Also the Honda and clone power (ft/lbs of torque) drops off at high rpms, Where as the 3600 rpm motors tend to increase up past their "redline".
It will go faster than the honda if geared properly!
Just ran some numbers and heres how it breaks down. Let me preface it by saying Stated top speed of the motor is 3600rpm we know this to be governed and somewhat arbitrary. I'll give it the ben of the doubt that it'll do 4000rpm and on another thread others have claimed that ungoverned it'll do 4500rpm. So I ran all 3 w 3 different OA ratios. I have 700c wheels.

Low 9.69:1 @ 3600 = 31 mph
4000 = 35 mph
4500 = 39 mph

Med 8.72:1 @ 3600 = 35 mph
4000 = 38 mph
4500 = 43 mph

High 7.97:1 @ 3600 = 38 mph
4000 = 42 mph
4500 = 47 mph

I know that it will drive low and med but haven't tried high. I'm also breaking in the motor so not runnin WOT either.

Another Great Advantage of this motor is it Doesn't Vibrate! It's the BMW (m/c) of MB engines.!

glacknoid

Oct 22, 2008
robbinsdale MN
Well, I'm in. I just picked up the HF greyhound 2.5 hp for $ 89-15% with my happenings coupon + $20 for the 2 yr warrenty/exchange for a grand total of $101.93. Apparently in 2 yrs and three months I can swap it for a brand new one if I so desire and pay $20 more for another 2yr warranty on the new one. I asked the HF guy if he ever see's these engines come back, and he said just once when it wouldn't fit the guys project.

One thing I like about this motor haveing seen it mounted in the frame of the cruiser bikes, is that it fills the opening up like it belongs there.

I can't seem to see anywhere on the engine that has 79cc stamped on it, which is good maybe I can get by without the hastle of licenseing and insurance.

Felton

Dec 17, 2009
GA
Have you tried the motor with the lower rpm cent. clutch yet? On the other post you said you had it engaging around 1450 rpms and planning on 1000 rpms. I am just wondering how it worked out?

kallsop

May 2, 2009
CT US
Don't even think of making a sturdy "49cc" plate and attaching it in a prominent position. I know I'm not.

I can't seem to see anywhere on the engine that has 79cc stamped on it, which is good maybe I can get by without the hastle of licenseing and insurance.

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Felton,

Turns out that it idles somewhere just below 1450 rpm's cause it (clutch) works perfectly. Now having run it, I don't think it'll idle any slower. The idea was to widen the power band as much as possible. In retrospect it's not necessary!

Engine tag is on front of fan cover and does state 79cc (do whatcha gotta do).

glacknoid

Oct 22, 2008
robbinsdale MN
Ya, I pealed it off and saved it. I might still go legit just to cover my butt in case. I don't know how serious they are about motor assisted bikes. I havent been asked about my others so far, but I don't get crazy on them.

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Cool Glack,
My feel, around here anyway, is that how you ride and equip yourself is way more important than a few cc's. But it's always good to have your ducks in a row! Dan and I will be racking up the miles as fast as we can. The clear cover is here to stay!

This weekend I'll get some video posted!

glacknoid

Oct 22, 2008
robbinsdale MN
sweet, I'll probably watch it 100 times. Your right I think if you give the impression of safety to passing police, like helmett, lights, and just all around cautiousness, they leave you alone.

glacknoid

Oct 22, 2008
robbinsdale MN
Tyrslyder: I just noticed a couple photo's of the 98cc lifan. Have you tried squeezing it into a cruiser frame. I saw it for sale as a water pump engine. Do you think there would be a noticeable difference in torque from the 79cc greyhound. Also any width difference between the two.

Thanks
Glack

glacknoid

Oct 22, 2008
robbinsdale MN
Tyrslider: Ooops, I did spot a thread that had the 98cc on a yellow bike in the works. That answers the question. Just wondering if I should stick with the 79cc or maybe go for the 98cc if it's worth the boost.

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Poupoudoum, welcome. Vids this wknd!

Glack, will have the Worksman going soon I'll keep you posted. I've not run it yet but it's rated at 2.5 Hp as well and is also a "SlowMotor" I can't wait to hear it (flat head side valve).

r.ly.

Oh yeah width is the same, both are an inch or so wider than the Honda/clone.