Where did you buy your rear kickstand?

GoldenMotor.com

SeattleRider

Sep 23, 2009
Seattle
Kickstand question: Where did you buy your rear kickstand?

ok, I know that some people make their own or salvage a rear kickstand off an old bike but are there any companies/people out there selling rear kickstands? I looked on flebay and I think I saw one or two but they wanted way to much money IMHO. If I'm going to have a kickstand on my tracker than it at least has to look like it came from the right style/time period. ...and I know that trackers didn't have a kickstand on them but I will need one on mine.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Axle kickstand?

I don't like the looks of the manufactured round rod axle stands so I'll probably make mine out of flat bar so it looks more period to the bike.

Last edited:

SeattleRider

Sep 23, 2009
Seattle
Kevlarr - Good to know about the axle kickstand option. I'm going to ask around and see if I can find an old one but I still want to see what options are availble for new. Thanks!

dmar836

Jun 23, 2009
KC
If you have a 4" angle grinder and can weld, you can make any kind you want. Tough to make a "period correct" tracker without those two things IMO. For a period look, I'd recommend a rear stand connected to the dropouts - like the one Kevlarr posted.
JMO,
Dave
KC