Simpson Model 08 Racer build

GoldenMotor.com

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Hi guys, well this build is going to take a while, as we have the Whiz-In to go to on Oct 9.10, and 11th of this month. After we are done with all that fun, I will begin to be rebuilding my oldest prototype Racer shown below in the first pic, rusty from living outdoors in the rain from '05 to '07.

Then I had it chopped, new tank built, assembled it and shipped it out of state to be used as a pattern for the new Model 10 bikes. The second pic shows the 08 Prototype re-assembled with no drive train.

3rd pic shows the 08 assembled to go off to be a pattern, dis-assembled, and shipped back home to be stored in backyard shed for over a year while EZ Motorbike is getting started.

The plan for this bike is, a new "articulated" motormount to draw the engine forward and backwards to adjust the chain, an EZ Motorbike drivetrain, and then to paint and letter the bike in a "distressed" Barn Bike style.

Even tho this is a drop-loop board-track style frame, I will not be flipping the bars over and laying on the tank, as I actually ride my bikes and cannot tolerate that stance.

The 4th pic is a brand-new totally custom 60 tooth sprocket made for me for this bike by Jim at Creative Engineering/Maniac Mechanic. the large size is important for the gear ratio I have in mind for this bike. I had used a 56 in the rear earlier, and the acceleration on this heavy bike was not what I had planned. The Detail on this sprocket has to be seen to be appreciated, if you look close, the lightning holes in the spokes each are countersunk, and look VERY nice. Thanks Jim, this will be a fine addition to the build!

More as we go along,

Mike

Attachments

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Keep us up to date with pictures as you go, Mike. It's going to be another great ride. I like the look of board track racers, but would last about ten minutes laid out low on the bike. My old body would not like it.
SB