4 stroke clear tubes??

GoldenMotor.com

toxanadu

Jan 29, 2009
Shelby twp, MI
Dont know much about engines.
I actually dont know what kit I have.

but I have a new four stroke engine kit that im trying to put on a bike. there are two smaller clear tubes, where do they go?

glacknoid

Oct 22, 2008
robbinsdale MN
If they are not already on the carburator one should atached to the bottom which is the bowl next to a screw there is a barbed fitting, that's where the hose for draining the gas out of the bowl if you store the motor for long periods you can drain it by loosening the screw not the bolt on the bottom. The bolt head on the center bottom of the bowl is for removeing the bowl from the carb, just loosen the screw that's just off center of the bottom of the bowl and gas will flow out of the tube.

The other, if it's not attached, goes to an elbow or curved barbed ended fitting on the side of the carburator, is the overflow tube. If your float in the bowl sticks open gas will flow out of that hose rather than into the combustion area of the motor. Below that overflow hose and to the side is a straight barbed fitting, that's were you attach the gas inline hose which feeds the carb gas from your gas tank.

Last edited: