Invisible Whizzer

GoldenMotor.com

Fredthecat

May 4, 2015
California
Has anyone else noticed that Whizzers seem to have a cloaking device making them completely invisible to vehicles and pedestrians at 17 MPH??

I've ridden bicycles and motorcycles for 50+ years....never been this invisible before...people walk out right in front, cars back out or pull out from stop signs right in my path...missed pedestrian, walking Towards me in road by 1 foot, while honking & dinging.

We only have 2 stop signs in this town and BOTH have been close calls.

Horn, bell, siren, spinner....still ..Invisible Whizzer!

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Has anyone else noticed that Whizzers seem to have a cloaking device making them completely invisible to vehicles and pedestrians at 17 MPH??

I've ridden bicycles and motorcycles for 50+ years....never been this invisible before...people walk out right in front, cars back out or pull out from stop signs right in my path...missed pedestrian, walking Towards me in road by 1 foot, while honking & dinging.

We only have 2 stop signs in this town and BOTH have been close calls.

Horn, bell, siren, spinner....still ..Invisible Whizzer!
I've had that happen with people thinking that we're just bicycles.

Ray

scrollerguy

Nov 8, 2008
Midcoast Maine
If you assume everyone is out to kill you, and the eye to eye contact won't do anygood either.

The person in the driveway will pullout in front of you at the wrong time. Look around the curve, and don't assume anything.

They don't follow the laws.

Look left and right, and left and right again, 58 years of riding hve taught me this...they will try to kill you if they can..!

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Yep, I'm now embracing the invisibility cloak and assuming that no one sees me, so being extra vigilant.
A good LED front strobe light will fix that.
Even a casual glance at you will make make them look longer and see how fast you are going.

This one works well and under $20 but their are many, just make sure whatever it is has a CREE LED.
https://www.amazon.com/Comunite-Rec...21&sr=8-3&keywords=cree+1200+lumen+bike+light

Run the strobe whenever you ride in daylight.
Dude, you won't believe what a difference that makes, seeing people slam on their brakes to not get in your way is a glorious thing to see ;-}