Anyone Using An Extracycle On Their Motorized Bike?

GoldenMotor.com

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
The Extracycle is a frame attachment that extends the bike's rear for trailer capacity. Like this:

Xtracycle Hitchless Bicycle Trailers and Sport Utility Bicycles

I'm thinking that by extending the rear frame there'd be more room for a jackshaft and frame-mounted twin HT engines. I actually started a project like this but ashcanned it. There was no room for the jackshaft and adjusting plates..bld.

Anyone using the EXTRACYCLE?

Last edited:

lennyharp

Jul 19, 2008
Mesa Arizona
I want to make a bike up using the Xtracycle or at least it's dimensions. The hauling capacity is good as well as the smoother ride compared to a short wheelbase. I do plaqn on it but the winter is almost over and I have yet to get into the project.

May 10, 2008
Nappanee, IN
i looked at these in great detail while running the GEBE.

my take was that if you shortened the uprights that form the rear rack you could mount the engine up top and run the drive down the inside and retain the carrying feature.

there is also another way to use the standard add-on kit in the construction of a LWB recumbent of super secret drive configuration.

HEHEHE,
steve

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
If I had to do long-distance trips, the EXTRACYCLE is what I'd use. You could carry EVERYTHING needed for the trip, including a couple spare engines, five-gallon reserve tank and front & rear wheels.