Mp 4 vector wheel drag

GoldenMotor.com

toker_ace

Oct 15, 2008
alabama
Should my rear wheel spin somewhat freely when not using the motor. Mine spins about two times. My question is there a bearing ajustment like on regular wheels? I'm only getting 13 miles on a new 48 volt 10ah GB battery? And I can't hardly pedal home due to the amount of drag???

Lungcookie

Aug 15, 2013
Oregon
Mine spins 3.5 times.
Check brake for drag.
What type of ridding are you doing? Dirt, pavement, hills, flats, weight of bike and rider.
Do you pedal or just give it gas and go?
Do you know what the controller is set to? amp continuous and max.
12-13 miles is about all I can get at 30a/70a max, in the dirt very little pedaling.

Did you post a pick of your bike?
I bet cannon ball 2 and his sharp eye can pick up on any issues. :)

toker_ace

Oct 15, 2008
alabama
Well ain't I an idiot! Both my front and rear disk brakes were draking. I didn't know the caliber would adjust left to right. DUH! Its hard to pedal with the brakes. LOL! thanks paul for the phone call.

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
I would add that removing all the drag possible is the best friend of battery range. I myself found a dragging rear brake when checking how many times my MP2 would turn. I swear it wasn't dragging before. Tire pressure is another thing that creeps up on us. Thought my tires looked and rolled/coasted fine. I checked them and they had crept down from 45 to 28lbs. Once filled the bike seemed to roll forever. Guess the moral is check stuff often! Drag eats amps!

toker_ace

Oct 15, 2008
alabama
She's back!! I can't believe the difference it make to get the disk brakes adjusted. This thing feels like a rocket ship again!!