Help using the forum section?

GoldenMotor.com

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
How bout a subsection for stickies like how to post pics, manage attachments, resizing and other common issues people face using both their computers and the forum itself. FOR INSTANCE: Recently, my computer has decided that it will no longer go directly to this forum. I can ONLY access the forum by clicking on a link in my email notifications of replys to subscribed threads; OR typing in the address into google. I get logged in automaticly still so thats good. This only happens when coming here. every other website I visit no problem. I tried deleting and retyping the address in the adderess bar but that didnt help. Im stumped. Little help?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
My old computer, the one that recently died, developed an oddity that I only had on this forum. My back button/arrow wouldn't work. If I was reading a thread and wanted to go back to a previous page I'd have to select the home page and move back to where I was and start over. It only did that here. The back button or arrow worked on every other website. Never did figure that one out but it's moot. My new computer works just fine here.

Velo, do you log off everytime you leave the forum or stay logged in? If you log off you might try staying logged on and see if that works for you. Maybe you have selected the option of your server deleting passwords whenever you shut down.

I occasionally get a message that asks if I want Microsoft to remember my password. I always select 'yes' . That way I never have to reenter it when I sign on.

Tom

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
maybe clear your cache/browsing history ???
WELL! Arnt you the Mr smarty pants compter gruru!!! laff That seemed to do the trick. We'll see if it lasts. No Tom I dont log off and every time I get to the site im all logged in and ready to go. Bills suggestion fix'd it. THANKS BILL!!! However: RE: the merits of my original question of a compilation of helpfull threads all in one spot? Discuss:

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
glad I could help, Dan (velo),,,
I only suggested that because I had same symptoms and it worked for me :) laff

I think a 'newbie' section with all the stickies is a good idea tho ;)

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
Yes, a how to kind of deal. Something where all the titles were uniform and concise, so anyone can do a search and it pops up. Or maybe that's something else I'm talking about? Can't tell if it's my fault or it's hard to tell how to phrase things to find results.