Helmet recall

GoldenMotor.com

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
I have one of those DOT German Helmets that I wear when riding my motorized bike. Well... just the other day, I got a recall notice in the mail.
The recall is for TMS Motorcycle helmets Model HY-803 sixe XL manufactured in 2010.

The letter just states that they fail to conform to Federal Vehicle safety standard 218. They enclosed a paid fedex return label to send it off for some sort of repair.

Any of you guys or gals have one of these and have not recieved a recall notice, the letter says you can contact [email protected] with any questions.

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
I am definately sending mine off. I was just posting this in case there was someone out there who has one of these that wasn't aware of the recall.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Manufacturer Vega Recalls More Than 30,000 Motorcycle Helmets...

Vega Helmet Corp. is recalling certain XTS model motorcycle helmets in L, XL and XXL sizes because they may not provide adequate impact protection based on federal safety standards. The company said the recall affects 30,546 helmets manufactured from May 2011 through October 2012.

Under the recall Vega will notify dealers and post public notices about the recall. It will replace the noncompliant helmets free of charge. The recall is expected to begin in late January. Owners may contact Vega at 425-656-0683.

http://www.vegahelmet.com/index.html