Think you know ******baggery?

GoldenMotor.com

mew905

Sep 24, 2012
Moose Jaw
So I let my roommate use the bike last night while I went to work. came back home, and when I woke up in the morning, went outside to ride the bike, to find a HUGE dent in the back rim. I was straight up pissed off, so I asked him (angrily) what he did to my bike. Turns out while he was riding along, a car pulled up next to him (at roughly 35mph, on a one-lane street, so he KNEW my roommate was there), shawn gave it a little more throttle to pull ahead, and the car swerved at him, forcing him not only into the loose sand on the side of the road, but up onto the curb. The damage was so bad the axle started to lock up as I rode it (and consequently the motor was having trouble pulling it). He didnt get the plate number, too concerned with surviving the incident. What the **** is wrong with people?

Reactions: MoonLitCreeper

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
i had something smiler happen to me but i ended up eating the sidewalk road rash all up my right led cuts all over my hands and 14 stitches in my chin (6 inside 8 outside) so your roommate got away lucky i also didnt get the plate number because they didnt stop or care that they did it

mew905

Sep 24, 2012
Moose Jaw
thats what I do, I pull over and slow down or even stop to let them pass, I only speed up if a car's approaching from at least a block away (roughly half an eighth mile). Why he chose to go faster, on the side of the road I have no idea but the rim has been replaced. But there was still no need to swerve at him. I admit I did that once when I was young and stupid, I used to just glance in the mirror and then crank the wheel hard into the next lane, almost took out a motorcyclist. luckily, he honked and I moved right back where I was and he was unharmed. Gave me a dirty look, now I ALWAYS check before I move.

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
Glad your friend is ok, and you got your bike back. I think what's wrong with a lot of cagers is they don't really think about you as a human being. It's the same mentality as a chasing dog, it sees you as something to make sport of, and doesn't consider that you might defend yourself. Some people also tend to think of bike riders as being in some kind of class warfare with them. I think a lot of people "play" with their cars, and don't think about consequences. When I was younger I played with my car (wanted to be sports car driver haha) and wrecked it, then I got a clue. Luckily I didn't hurt anyone but myself, and was just scared and out money more than anything, but I did think about vehicles much more carefully.

MoonLitCreeper

Aug 7, 2020
So I let my roommate use the bike last night while I went to work. came back home, and when I woke up in the morning, went outside to ride the bike, to find a HUGE dent in the back rim. I was straight up pissed off, so I asked him (angrily) what he did to my bike. Turns out while he was riding along, a car pulled up next to him (at roughly 35mph, on a one-lane street, so he KNEW my roommate was there), shawn gave it a little more throttle to pull ahead, and the car swerved at him, forcing him not only into the loose sand on the side of the road, but up onto the curb. The damage was so bad the axle started to lock up as I rode it (and consequently the motor was having trouble pulling it). He didnt get the plate number, too concerned with surviving the incident. What the **** is wrong with people?
I had a guy tell me the speed limit in town here was 40mph (its 25)and i shouldn't be on the road.. In my state we register the bike and you need a regular licence (so i was legal) and further went on to say hed run me over next time he saw me. I grabbed his plate number just incase it happens again. And all this because he stopped 3 inches from my back wheel at an intersection, and didnt want to admit he was wrong. I feel your pain... But karma is fun to watch