Comet CVT Modification

GoldenMotor.com

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Man, that looks real good! I like rhe lightening holes.
I think that you could add a brace from the bracket to one of those empty holes on the block, and eliminate the middle bearing, and a lot driveline drag, and save some weight.

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
CulverCityClassic

Very nice job and I think putting the bearing on the outside of the disk brake.
will keep that flat plate from bending the first time you lock up that disk brake and throwing the chain. Was that in your mind when you added it?

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Wish me luck on this brake system.
OK...

Good luck with the inboard brake!

...I guess they do inboard brakes of performance automobiles...
the only part I don't care for is running the disk next to a drive chain that requires lubrication. suppose that can be remedied with an O-ring permanently lubed chain, though.
rc

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
CulverCityClassic

reason I was wondering is on another forum guy built a trike with dual diskbrake in the rear and now he is breaking the axles 5/8s. I am building the same type of trike but with a fully keyed 3/4 axle. Hoping I don't have the axle breaking issues he is. His is pedal only Mine will have a 99cc pred with machined from solid stock diskbrake adapters to go on the 3/4 axle that have full length keys.

this is what I am hoping to avoid brake mounts were held in place by a 1/4 inch bolt driller thru the axle

Attachments

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
CulverCityClassic

reason I was wondering is on another forum guy built a trike with dual diskbrake in the rear and now he is breaking the axles 5/8s. I am building the same type of trike but with a fully keyed 3/4 axle. Hoping I don't have the axle breaking issues he is. His is pedal only Mine will have a 99cc pred with machined from solid stock diskbrake adapters to go on the 3/4 axle that have full length keys.

this is what I am hoping to avoid brake mounts were held in place by a 1/4 inch bolt driller thru the axle
that axle looks a bit scary

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
I have got the caliper mounted and aligned, it’s a nice setup. I still have the coaster brake on the bike and have modified the arm so that the sprocket can clear the back tire.

I should have no problems with this brake set-up.

Attachments