replacement or alternate Pull start mechanisms

GoldenMotor.com
Sep 7, 2008
Omaha,NE
Hello fellow motard freaks.

I have a little issue going on here, finally purchased a 4G gearbox about ready to install it and lo and behold i find my pull start mechanism tabs or absolutely wonked up.... any idea folks were i can procure a replacement preferably one without the crappy plastic guides?

What have you guys found to get your bike started, and or alternative starting procedures, i really do not want to shell out $50 for a new mechanism thats as crappily built like stock HS starters.
http://www.saferwholesale.com/Gas-Bike-Engine-49cc-4-Stroke-Recoil-Starter-p/49cc%204%20stroke%20recoil%20starter.htm?utm_source=google+product&utm_medium=versafeed&utm_term=49cc+4+stroke+recoil+starter&utm_campaign=sporting+goods+outdoor+recreation+motorsports&utm_content=gas+bike+engine+49cc+4+stroke+recoil+starter&v_traceback=c0912_2000_f0912_2047&Click=35179

regards

Sep 7, 2008
Omaha,NE
Thats just the thing i went to my local honda power equipment place, i made the mistake of saying it was for a honda clone they preaty much showed me the door after that.

Sep 7, 2008
Omaha,NE
I will be ordering that piece this friday, it would be cool to figure a way to kick start these engines. for time being i will be using a drill to turn the beast over.

Sep 7, 2008
Omaha,NE
I thought about that, for time being ill probably be putting a piece of corogated plastic with a hole for my drill to go through. its not a ASAP need to have this thing running, just want to test out the new gearbox . Thanks guys for the suggestions.

Sep 7, 2008
Omaha,NE
Well just ordered my new recoil starter, i am putting my faith in ale-man and his recomendation with stanton-inc.

Also picked up a band break HD axel from boy-go fast on EBay, cant wait to get this all together. Next order of business to build a custom charging system for my 12v seal lead acid 1million candle power headlight. Thinking of tieing in a 12v automotive airhorn, signals, taillight, and possibly ignition interlock/vibe alarm/remote controll to the beast. any idea's? I have about six inches from stearing tube engine mount space available. Thinking about welding some sheet metal in their for electronics.

Sep 7, 2008
Omaha,NE
Well just ordered my new recoil starter, i am putting my faith in ale-man and his recomendation with stanton-inc.

Also picked up a band break HD axel from boy-go fast on EBay, cant wait to get this all together. Next order of business to build a custom charging system for my 12v seal lead acid 1million candle power headlight. Thinking of tieing in a 12v automotive airhorn, signals, taillight, and possibly ignition interlock/vibe alarm/remote controll to the beast. any idea's? I have about six inches from stearing tube engine mount space available. Thinking about welding some sheet metal in their for electronics.