blew a hole in the exhaust...(stainless steel)

GoldenMotor.com

impression

Feb 26, 2009
Syadney,Australia
blew a hole in the exhaust...(stainless steel) ( now fixed ) with Pics

Gday all, well today i was on a 70km/h road and was going down a slight hill about a 15 degree slope. ( keeping up with traffic i assume i was doing 60-70km/h approximately ( i don't have a speedo )

and when i got down the bottom another 200m later i hear this bang and pop sound.

I assumed i blew the intake gasket again... but i didnt....

I blew a chunk out of the exhaust pipe, where the tether for the rear end is.

i'll attach something for this tomorrow

Last edited:

impression

Feb 26, 2009
Syadney,Australia
well i was screaming down a nice strathc of road then there was this 'BANG' i thought i blew a gasket, i slowed down and stopped on the side of the road and inspected....

impression

Feb 26, 2009
Syadney,Australia
ok so here's where we sit now.

I cleaned up the hole and welded it shut... I know it's messy but i only have an arc welder, no mig or tig :( and it's quite hard and you kinda blow the hole bigger if you're not careful with .25mm thick steel

then after that i put the new muffler on and got that welded into place also put on a new "tether" to the bike from the exhaust... this time it's welded to a thicker park of the exhaust.

the tether is only half welded on as i ran out of welding rods, i should get some tomorrow. and it's time to test tide, if all is well we file back and paint :)

Attachments

Last edited: