Titan 50 Replacement options?

GoldenMotor.com

Drewd

Jul 25, 2008
Colorado
Hi,
I bought a nice trike a couple of months ago from a forum member here and I need more power for climbing steep street hills in my area at 6800 feet ASL.

I'm not very well versed on what 4 stroke engines are available and more importantly what transmission/centrifugal clutches can be put on the engine. I see lots of threads on the HF engine, can the reduction gear box on the titan be used on this engine and if not, what can? Please help, I'm tired of pedaling and don't want to gear down anymore which costs me top speed on level roads.

Thanks!

Drew

PS Is the HF 79cc a good engine and is it sold by itself or do you have to buy an auger, generator, or water pump to acquire it??/

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
Drew, Harbor Freight is going to the 99cc Predator engine. It is very close to the the 79cc but puts out a little more power and torque. As far as I can tell the output shaft is the same, so you can do almost anything to it you would to the blue 79cc. And yes it will be exactly what you want to get up the hills. They have much more torque than the Honda and HS 49cc engines. You will need to adjust you carb needle to get the most performance in the high altitude. L8R!