always look a free weedeater in the mouth.

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I picked up my donated weedeater today. I thought I had them figured out boy was I wrong. I made my illustrations even though I never did get the motor to run. I thought I would run the symptoms by you guys to see if you had any ideas. Now I know it has multiple problems. I think I can salvage the throttle cable and thats about it.

Okay it had bad fuel lines so I change them the bulb leaked. I had a similar carb but instead of changing the whole carp I went for just the bult, (mistake,) I never did stop the thing from pour gas out through the muffler. I never could figure that out. So what would cause it to pour gas out through the muffler. I mean obviously its the carb but what would do that,

I thought it had spark but it wouldn't even start when I poured gas in the through the plug hole. Like I said I'm going to chuck it but I did get my pics made of the destruction and the putting of the mount together.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Sounds like a ruptured diaphram or laeking gasket in the carb, don't give up yet.

Some also have a check valve/ball, look for that too.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Just before I came on I pulled it over to check for spark there is spark. Yeah I think when I tried to change the bulb I screwed up the diaphram. What I have is a better carb from a ryonbi 31cc that works I'm pretty sure.

I am going to have to do some retro fitting since it is a different bulb system and I have to figure out how to use the choke from the one that is on it now, but I think I can because they all have pretty much the same bolt pattern. Just a matter of doing it and I will.

Joe have you ever tried super glue to lock nuts down. It is cheap and easy to find. That's my requirement for a product.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I switched out the carb for one from a riyobi 31cc and it started right up. I had to make a few design changes for both but it worked in the end and that's what counts. The squeeze bulb is not just hanging on the line so yes i will have to do something there before I try to ride it.