muffler exaust change

GoldenMotor.com

ajax

Sep 30, 2010
calgary
ok my bike was running really rough bogging down and going really slow i changed the spark plug checked the wiring and realized i had an older style exaust no longer availible here and i had never cleaned it so i too it right off immediately the bike took off like a rocket but it was really loud and i didn't trust it too keep running as such.

ok the the little screw at the end with a noise reducer is now gone and i have half the muffler left but for some reason i seem to be running at full power and it feels like i am truly getting 66 ccs

i also have a pocket bike carberator and a smaller rear sprocket

ajax

Sep 30, 2010
calgary
i think an open exuast seems to act like an expansion chamber but i wouldn't know the differnce o man it's faster and more powerfull and with the pocket bike carb it's not much louder than it used to be.

no muffler it over torques nuetral is a nightmare but in terms of speed.....wow.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
These engine kits need to be carefully mounted into a bicycle frame. They are in no way a one design fits all kit. Each engine really should have it's mounts filed, sanded, carved or whittled........customized....... to fit properly in the bicycle frame.
Any spreading or side loading of the mounts will cause the cheap mounting bolts to break.
One of the best things to do to a brand new engine kit is to replace all the cheap Chinese "bubblegum" bolts with a quality hardware kit such as sold by SBP or another vendor of your choice.
http://www.sickbikeparts.com/catalog/images/Eng-Hard.jpg?osCsid=kkj6jli36e05egb435mm8melo5

Also, this section of the forum may be of great help to you if you decide to resurrect your poor little engine kit and bicycle.
Classic Instructions for Building and Repairing Motorized Bicycle Engine Kits - Motorized Bicycle: Engine Kit Forum
Especially this one:
http://motorbicycling.com/f30/motorized-bicycle-engine-mounting-20782.html