GEBE clutch problem

GoldenMotor.com

scylla

Nov 16, 2009
illinois
O.K. I did my first mini ride on my gebe build and am having some problems with my clutch.

I noticed even before I started the engine that there was a bit of drag with the rear wheel. I blew it off as new build tightness that will work itself off in a couple miles.
No such luck. I seems to me the clutch bell isn't deep enough to accept the R/S eho35. Even sitting at a low idle I can feel grabbing at the belt. Not enough to move the wheel unless I lift the bike. Then it will spin the wheel at a slow speed.

When I took off the clutch housing at home I noticed the clutch retaining bolts were grinding away on the inner part of the bell.

When put together the plastic bell housing is flush with the engine, so my mounting is spot on.

When I first seen the bell housing I received from gebe I was a little leery because it was about half as deep as the bell on my BMP friction drive.

I haven't had a chance to call GEBE yet, but I suspect they sent me the wrong housing. My R/S eho35 is stock and new.

My question is, if any one has built more than 1 gebe with different engines, are all housings/bells the same size?

scylla

Nov 16, 2009
illinois
I was able to get a picture of the inside of the bell. As you can, see the clutch shoe retaining bolts grind a groove into the bell.
I would bet the clutch shoes can't even move out with increased speed because the bell is too small. There is no sign of contact on the outer edge of bell where the clutch would normally engage.

Attachments

Last edited: