Frequently Used Slang Terms?

GoldenMotor.com

Prof Fate

Aug 19, 2008
St.Louis (Brentwood), MO
Really love the forum, got lucky and chose the right one to start with.

Have you considered a “Frequently Used Slang Terms” definition page? It could be a list of the most popular and commonly used terms and their generally accepted forum meanings. A couple on examples might be…

Happy Time Engine - A broad term applying to most in frame Chinese two stroke kit engines, 49cc or 66cc.

Peanut Tank- the fuel tank that is supplied with the happy time engine kits.

I would help the newbies follow along and you could allow members to add to and update it with new terms.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Really love the forum, got lucky and chose the right one to start with.

Have you considered a “Frequently Used Slang Terms” definition page? It could be a list of the most popular and commonly used terms and their generally accepted forum meanings. A couple on examples might be…

Happy Time Engine - A broad term applying to most in frame Chinese two stroke kit engines, 49cc or 66cc.

Peanut Tank- the fuel tank that is supplied with the happy time engine kits.

I would help the newbies follow along and you could allow members to add to and update it with new terms.
We have just a thread...but I cannot find it :oops: It was started about a year ago in the General Discussion forum

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I remember that too but I can't find it either. One member started it and others added to it for several days. It sort of went off topic and died but I don't think it was ever deleted. I'll keep looking too.
Tom

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
That is all fine and dandy but what good is it if it can't be found by a new member? It should be a sticky and very visible.

Terry
It was never made a sticky because there was not very much interest in that thread.

The only time we make threads sticky is if it is very popular, or we get several request or for a few other reasons. If we made threads stickies we thought may be a popular thread or threads we wanted new members to read first (which they never do) the entire forum would be full of them and you would have to scroll down or worse go to page 2 just to see the most recent post.

The only reason I had trouble finding it was because I was searching for a entirely different title.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Might put " /slang terms " in the thread title, the acronyms word is good, but untill you put it in print ,I didn't think of it