race carb vs cns carb

GoldenMotor.com

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
now im planning on buying a grubee skyhawk 2010 gt5

there are many places to buy them from i wanted to purchase it from pirate cycles cause he has the best shipping prices and i want to order a few other things at the same time but his kit comes with the race carb witch only looks like a regular nt with a different cover

i have seen other venders that have the cns carb with the same kit i beleive the cns is better cause it has air fuel adjustment screws and a better air filer also it has a manual choke at least thats what i thought

now i live at low elavation its brisk here and i dont want to do any sort of jetting what are some suggestions

im really leaning towards a cns carb but pirate cycles has cheaper shipping

Last edited:

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
if i do buy the pirate cycle kit i would also like to buy the cns i can experiment and put the better on my new build and give the one with less performance to my dad who will be happy cause its better than his stock carb

so where might i find a cheaper priced cns carb or grubee kit with cns carb with low shipping to alaska i wouldnt mind having both but what im really going after is the cheapest id rather have a overall lower cost kit with cns carb

shipping to alaska is not cheap

the shipping address is anchorage ak zip code is 99503

Last edited:

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
The only added advantage to a more complex carb is it's ability to fine-tune for maximum performance at all RPMs & throttle positions - if yer after max speed primarily & will be riding at WOT (wide open throttle) all the time, such complexity is unneeded and the simplicity of the standard carb is prolly your best bet & just rejet/move clip as needed ;)

Some of the above isn't as true with the higher quality aftermarket carbs (larger venturi etc.) but between the CNS and the NT/"race" carb... *shrug* the NT is a heck of a lot easier to deal with lol

Last edited:

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
thanks barely awake good to have some input so your saying for better performance i want a simpler carb and what situation would i want a more tunable carb i dont plan on wot all the throttle i like 3/4 throttle most of the time unless i want to impress some girl or something then (wot)put put ding dang vroom whaaaa down the rod usually isnt that impressive oh and how do i rejet do i have to drill anything

r00t4rd3d

Aug 2, 2010
Internet
If you have an aftermarket pipe like a SBP expansion chamber you should get a CNS or Mikuni , something you can tune.

If all you have is the stock EPA kit pipe untouched , stay with the stock carb or a NT.