my black Op build

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Why not check the vendor you bought the engine from? That's where I'd start. By the way, nice looking bike. Congratulations and welcome to the forum.
Just a word of advice: I'd secure the chain tensioner bracket to the chain stay in a way that will prevent it from loosening and rotating into your rear spokes.
Tom

Tim_B_172

Aug 26, 2009
Saint Joseph, MO
I just bought one of those bikes, I can't wait to motorize it. I'm planing on making a fiberglass tank and adding fenders.

About the pull start, I've seen them on Ebay recently. I don't remember EXACTLY what I searched for, but try "bicycle engine" for a start.

beegould

Sep 9, 2010
Oklahoma ,
Great looking bike. I have the same and am having some trouble with it. How did you mount the rear sprocket? Mine is like this (from the hub out): metal plates, rubber spacer, spokes, rubber spacer, sprocket with dished side in. I tried it this way to get the proper alignment, but the outer rubber spacer won't allow the sprocket to go around the hub. Any pointers?

Thanks in advance.

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
Nice looking bike OP rollers lend themselves very well to motorizing.How do you work the clutch?Pull start I think Pirate Cycles has them.Kip.