Replacement for blown hoot

GoldenMotor.com

john_the_great

Oct 24, 2009
California
Is it hopeless at this point? My friend's oil filled hoot ate itself a couple weeks ago and it is reflectin' pretty bad on me since I built the bike.... he's a kid so he doesn't have $300 lying around for an 'spensive ezm. So is there a replacement? Thank you.

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Hi well what version of the Hoot did you install? there are 2 major types, one of which has internal clutch, and versions of chain drive.

These will retrofit into BMP and other companies products that use that clutch.

The "geared" type box will have a 15mm crankshaft sticking out the side. This type of engine will retrofit with EZM and any others that can handle the 15mm crank.

Some of the 142F's have a 16mm (5/8 nominal) output, and EZM also fits those.

IF you have a gear-drive box Hoot, I have plenty of those available, they are reasonable, and some last a while as long as they have the hardened clutch bell.

Let me know if thishas helpedyou.

Mike

freewheeling frank

Mar 10, 2009
ridgway colorado
mike let me know some prices and options as i have a geared hoot that is starting to make alot of noise need something really dependable, i bought this kit from motorbycicling .com please pm me if you can help i aint rich but can come up with some cash thanks frank

john_the_great

Oct 24, 2009
California
My friend's gearbox is the gear-drive oil filled hoot, he would prolly be happy with just a replacement as long as it was affordable. Thanks for the info!

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Hi guys PM me for price so I am not "selling" in the wrong thread. They are reasonable, new take-offs that I removed from new kits myself.

Mike

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Did some one say affordable I have 2010 4G T Belt Drive Transmission only includes clutch for 5/8 keyed shaft and tapered shaft for 5/8 shaft $150 and the tapered shaft $130 hope this helps
Cheers
Terry