Micargi Pantera Build

GoldenMotor.com

nogig

Mar 18, 2010
south carolina
I bought a Pantera Gts and a grubee skyhawk and decided to give it a go. I overlooked the need for a large tube front mount so I am waiting on one to come in. Will post more as it progreeses

Attachments

OilyDave

Mar 21, 2010
New Brunswick, Canada
Good luck with your build. I do not have a Micargi but a Supercycle 70th Anniversary Cruiser (Canadian Brand), stripped down that looks very similar to yours. I also have the same forks and misjudged the need for Spacers. I also have some ordered.

Our Motors are different and in hindsight i wished that I had ordered a Grubee like yours......

Anyhow, I am also painting my gas tank, chain guards and parts of the Motor.

Good Luck!

bike project2.JPG

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
I bought a Pantera Gts and a grubee skyhawk and decided to give it a go. I overlooked the need for a large tube front mount so I am waiting on one to come in. Will post more as it progreeses
How tall are you????Man your seat and handlebars are way up there....Love the forks on that bike....Cool looking ride....
John-John

nogig

Mar 18, 2010
south carolina
John John, I am 6ft1inch 240lbs Gonna add some guts to the motor and possibly experiment with sprockets to get a cruising speed of around 25mph

I found my motor mount at Sike bike parts. it was pretty cheap and is basically the muffler clamp mod most people make for the big tubes.

I hooked most of the kit up tonight, Gonna have to heat and bend the muffler pipe some to clear the frame (the flange was welded wrong at the factory) also the fuel petcock is real close to the top tube (may have to go to napa and design a petcock.) thanks for the cmments gonna keep updating as i get along.

Attachments

nogig

Mar 18, 2010
south carolina
My front mount came in today and i finished buttoning everything up. With this frame i used the long studs and extra 20mm spacer on the rear mount then flipped the new front mount around. fits great now, didn't have to mess with the exhaust after mounting this way. I bought a chainbreak from ACE hardware and it sucked big time. Ended up just using a punch to break the chain. gonna possibly trim up the fenders and mount them tommorrow and run the wires properly for the kill switch. Got it fired up and it runs great! did some laps around a church parking lot before it got dark. Running 16 to 1 dino oil for break in gonna go synthetic after (got royal purple) I am surprised how easy this kit went together a lot of info on this forum made it super easy.dance1

Attachments