Making a custom bike engine

GoldenMotor.com

Flyman

Nov 28, 2014
Vian Oklahoma
There was a guy way back in the early 1970,s that built a model smallblock chevy. It
was on the cover of hot rod magazine. It was so cool. But I thought at the time
why invest so much time into making something with that much work & time
invested? I Later on I made a simple RC two stroke engine.

A lot of machinist have done the same that's nothing compared to what some
of these model engine guys do. Radial aircraft engines & so. There are some very smart
people out there. Anyway back to the chevy model engine. that guy started making kits & selling them. So check this out & buy one for your bike, & be the talk of the town.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0KtL2hotCY

Fly (Smile)

DEVILSorchard

Jan 1, 2015
Calgary
Theres much better ways of starting a project as ambitious as this. You'd be way further ahead starting with a full rotating assembly as others have mentioned and building a block to match.

There's a ton of great inline 6 engines to start with. Chev and ford inlines are bulletproof building a cross flow head would be a great project to learn with. If your looking for small bore as I assume you are honda inline 6 from a Nike would be a good donor. You could use most of the engine but make new cases to mate it to a bmw trans for a shaft drive. With rb26 and 2jz engine readily available there's a ton of great oem and aftermarket parts available for adapting to other engines as well.

If your really that ambitious starting with a gx200/ gx390 or clone would be the cheapest and probably best option for a decent engine.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Id love to build one of those 1/4 scale small block Chevy or ford engines and put on a bike or strike just for the wow factor... there's another guy on youtube that builds and manufactures a supercharged mini v8 that would really look and sound cool on a custom project... some of those mini v8' s sound just like the full sized ones and depending on displacement they make anywhere from 3 to over 30hp.
I think the Connolly supercharged mini v8's make about 8 to 12 Hp and they are plenty small enough to fit in a bicycle frame... they're not cheap tho.... but would make for a really cool custom chopper bicycle project that would get attention anywhere you take it...