Engine to loud

GoldenMotor.com

fakeplay

Jul 26, 2009
newburyport ma
Hi, how can I quiet my motor down. It's grubee gt-5 I just got. It's way, way, way to loud. Is there any special baffle I could get ? or how do I know if ones already in there. I mean this thing is loud !

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
it shouldnt be very loud,are you sure you put a gasket on it and have the nuts tight on it. if your exhaust is leaking where the muffler mounts to the engine,it will be a lot louder.

captainrichhill

May 31, 2008
With just a little engineering you can add a "stinger" to your existing muffler. Look in your local home improvement/ small engine store for another small screw-on or bolt-on muffler and add it to your existing muffler with copper pipe couplings or something like that.
Unfortunately or fortunately this hobby requires the owner operator to get creative at times. let us know what you can come up with. I'm sure you're not alone on this topic. Please post results.

SpandexOrLeather

Jul 30, 2009
Idaho
I have the exact same engine kit, and thought it was loud also. However, now that some miles are getting on it, it's quieting down noticeably. Perhaps as things get worn in and loosened up a little, there's less noise from things moving around easier. Sorta like the fuel is being turned into motion more efficiently now, and so less of it is being needed to overcome internal friction.

dana

Sep 24, 2008
Ok, PLEASE try this. Take the end cap of the muffler, pull out the baffle and push one
wad of steel wool in the pipe, and wrap one around the baffle toob. This made a huge
differance for me good luck!