Wanted Gravely Model L Engine

GoldenMotor.com

jerrdan john

Sep 7, 2014
North Carolina
Looking for a Gravely Model L T head engine. Would be interested in a jug with valves only also. Prefer the 7.6 hp, but will take what I can get. Don't have to be a good engine, a builder is fine. Thanks Jonathan

Or any odd ball single cylinder engines, condition and being complete is not important..

Last edited:

pedal pusher

Feb 20, 2009
Charlotte, NC
I have a Gravely 7.6 Super Convertible that I bought new in 1973. It is complete with a sulky seat and 30" mower. It has been sitting in the garage for about 20 years, but the last time I tried, the engine turned freely but the magneto did not fire. I wish it were running as it is an excellent machine. I don't know if the engine is what you are looking for. Please contact me if interested. I am in Charlotte.

pedal pusher

Feb 20, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Please call me: 704 536-1906. I would like to get at least $150 for this Gravely. If you can come to Charlotte with your tools, I would pay that and more to get it running. I have a set of points for the magneto. The tractor tires are flat and I don't know if they will hold air. If not, it will have to be winched or somehow loaded for transport. Or, if you have rims and tires they flats can be changed. As you know, it is very heavy.
Thanks for your time,
Don in Charlotte.