How comfortable is your 'shop' ?

GoldenMotor.com

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
Ladies and gentlemen, I have been upgraded. All the stars lined up and I got the excess moved out of the room I use to wrench. This made available a 5' X 14' area. (Also got 3 new/old bikes today.)
Clean up and organizing it all comes next...

Attachments

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Cool 'shop art' and man, some pretty small work area's.
I'm spoiled rotten now with all the space I have.
There are 3 repairs, 2 new 2-wheel and a trike electric builds in various stages of completion, a new 2-stroke in the bay and my ride all in here and we can not only walk around there is nice chairs and a table in here too ;-}

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Years ago my wife said something that has always stuck with me and makes my smile every time it crosses my mind. She said "If you weren't married to me, you would be living in a basement surronded with motors and junk of all kinds!" My reply was "Yes your probably right, but would I be happy?"
Her reply was " Thats the sad part"
Makes me laugh to know how well she knows Me!

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Hehe Russel, my wife is the same way, but she told me to take all the space I need if I make money from it ;-}

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Years ago my wife said something that has always stuck with me and makes my smile every time it crosses my mind. She said "If you weren't married to me, you would be living in a basement surronded with motors and junk of all kinds!" My reply was "Yes your probably right, but would I be happy?"
Her reply was " Thats the sad part"
Makes me laugh to know how well she knows Me!

LOL Russel. Gonna print that for Carol. We have had the same conversation a time or 2.

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Here's the whole thing. I'm moved in but not quite 'living' in it yet. My buddy stopped by and out of no-where he came back with a 2 stroke scooter for me to fix. Paid with a voluntary 12 pack. Since I don't know what I'm doing, that seems fair:)

Attachments

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Looks great Trey.

LOL, when ya build a motorized bicycle, all of a sudden people start asking you to fix stuff. and we attempt it!

Big job or small, it's always a 12pk....

laff

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Here's the whole thing. I'm moved in but not quite 'living' in it yet. My buddy stopped by and out of no-where he came back with a 2 stroke scooter for me to fix. Paid with a voluntary 12 pack. Since I don't know what I'm doing, that seems fair:)
You know what they say, Trey. "If you can't dazzle 'em with brillance, baffle 'em with bull$hit. :)

Tom

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Swear- I wasn't even tryin! I am however, an Irishman, and that explains about 80% of the Blarney that comes out of my mouth, which sets me squarely in the path of mis-adventure. But hey, it's a 2 stroke, how hard can it be? (famous last words)

Last edited:

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
Finally!!! I'm moving into the new shop. LOTS more room, and I even have a small office space, which my girlfriend is already calling my Hoochie Mama room. I think she has trust issues. ( I have NO idea why.)
Anyway, The shop is almost done, I gotta set up the electrical and get rid of all the extension cords. Next I'll fix up the little side room for my office. That way I wont have to bring every Tom, Dick and Harry into my house when I need to show them something on a computer. With a computer, phone and entertainment center I may never have to go in the house again. Just spend my golden years in my shop living MOTORIZED.
Heres a couple pics. First the old, Then the new.
fatdaddy.

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Oh man, that looks nice. Comfy, spacy and bright.
That ought to get the creative juices flowing.
Congratulations fatdaddy.

Tom

tooljunkie

Apr 4, 2012
Manitoba,Canada
cone of silence 3.JPG

the cone of silence.
need this to curb the noise from my compressor,just a little paint,insulate the box and a vent for air from the outside.

the one i built at work is very quiet.only need to open it up when running air for extended periods.may install exhaust fans to move air for cooling.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
my "shop" sucks right now. it's the garage of the house i live in.

there's my roomate's 1960 Ford Starliner with a blown bottom end and his Harley trike with no motor taking up space, plus his panhead, and my other 2 roommate's harley's, a sportster and a fat boy.

plus a bunch of my bikes, tools, parts, air compressor, junk, etc...

we keep planning on cleaning it up, but never get around to it.

i guess i gotta knock something over and scratch the starliner's new million dollar paint job, and then my roommate will probably do something about it.

tooljunkie

Apr 4, 2012
Manitoba,Canada
lol,like the comments ,guys.my shoephone is in my pocket,its a smart shoephone.wonder if i can get the show tune for a ring tone....
my workshop still has the machine shed sliding doors,i installed the 10x10 overhead door behind them.so if i want two doors slide sideways,one goes up....

if i put a crescent moon on the cone of silence it,someone will try to use it....
its really funny you should mention that,as the compressor at work was originally in the restroom,when it fired up it would and could scare the crap out of someone.

livesteamfan

Oct 24, 2009
Palmetto, FL
Well, I don't have a shop. I work in the backyard with no roof or walls and the bike is always outside in the weather. For tools, I have a Craftsman set that is normally in my truck. Power tools consists of a drill and a small compressor for tires. If I have to cut or bend something, I have to go to a friend's place. For what I do, the backyard is enough; I've worn the grass away in the area that I'm always in, so it shows that I always mess with the thing.