Not running right, help please.

GoldenMotor.com

Super

Sep 19, 2011
Texas
Ok I have a grubee skyhawk 66cc, NT carb. Was running great. I threw out a bearing in the bottom end. I buy a new one and also decide to add a centrifugal clutch this time around too. After installing everything, it don't seem to be running right. It lacks power and when trying to accelerate it starts shaking really bad. Not vibrations, it's jumping. This could be from the new centrifugal clutch though. Not at the right enough speed yet. It just seems like its bogging just enough to notice. I had to screw the idle screw in all the way just to get it to idle a little. And it still cuts out at idle if left too long. I installed all new gaskets so there should be no air leaks, but I plan on checking this later at work. I shouldn't be the carb because everything worked fine b4.

What I'm looking for is some suggestions to help me trouble shoot the issue I'm having. Thank for your responses.

blazingoutcast

Mar 28, 2012
st. cloud mn
If it doesn't wanna go check ur throttle cable or adjust the needle up or down a seat I know u don't think it's the carb but by replacing parts or adding new parts may require u to make adjustments to the carb to make it run the way it was before I got an nt carb from my friend Fonzie he had it on his 66cc skyhawk and ran beautifully for him but I still had to adjust it from his settings because we have the engines on different bikes also remove the air filter look inside is ur throttle piston to high or low make adjustments to idle screw and make sure as u turn the screw it slides up and down hope this helps u